NFL Betting Articles
Welcome to Lootmeister's NFL betting articles page! Here you'll find a collection of articles directly pertaining to betting on football games against the point spread. There are so many angles one can touch on such as tips, strategy, advice, advanced strategy and so on. This page is for "general" articles that don't really fit into any of those categories, but are still useful to your pursuit of increasing your odds of beating the sportsbooks! If you've got an article topic that you'd like us to research and write about, please drop us a line and we'd be happy to oblige! We want Lootmeister.com to be the number 1 resource on the web for football wagering information and we're ready to go to work in order to accomplish that feat! Thanks!
Betting Bad NFL Teams Against the Spread - Many NFL pundits (including ourselves) like to preach that good NFL teams win and bad teams cover. When it comes to NFL gambling, public perception is a huge variable in creating the point spread. How many games actually land close to the number? Not many! This article offers a case study on if betting on bad teams is a good thing or a bad thing.
NFL Teams That Are Due to Cover the Spread - A novice bettor might see a team that is 0-5 ATS as a great go against. A seasoned veteran gambler looks at 0-5 as a team is "due". This by no means is a sure bet that the team is a lock to cover, it's just that they're more likely to cover than not, because the oddsmakers know that the public will be siding against them. This in turn allows the bookmaker to feather in an extra point or three into the spread, completely sucking the value out of the bad team's opponent. Loot dives deeper into the topic.
Betting Point Spreads vs. Moneylines - Betting moneyline dogs is a very interesting proposition as you can hit less than 50% and still turn a profit. If an NFL team is getting 2.5 points as an underdog, would it be prudent to take them on the moneyline since 1 and 2 aren't key numbers in NFL betting? Loot dives into the topic of whether a guy should bet against the spread or go for the gusto and bet to win straight up.
The NFL Franchise Tag Explained - You hear it on TV all the time but do you know what it is and how it works? Loot explains all!
Share this article with friends:
Leave a comment:
SAVE BIG MONEY BY BETTING AT -105 REDUCED ODDS!
Quit wasting your hard earned money! Make the switch from -110 to -105 odds todayYou'll be so glad that you did! Click Here!
- Reduced Juice - Loot explains how reduced odds football betting works and where you can find this valuable asset.
- What is a Point Spread? - Many new to the game struggle to understand why one side has a (+) while the other has a (-) in front of a team. We explain what the spread is and how it works.
- Football Bets - All the different types of wagers that you can make when betting on football games.
- What Professional Handicappers Do - Learn the tricks of the trade and increase your odds of beating the books!
- Key Numbers - The article that bookies don't want you to read!
- NFL Betting Quiz - Test your football wagering prowess with Loot's 10 question quiz!
- Super Bowl 51 Futures Bets - Loot examines potential plays that pay!
- Super Bowl Predictions - Loot gives his preseason picks for which teams are most likely to win "the big game" along with middle of the road and a longshot that is sure to surprise you!
- 2016 NFL Season Wins Predictions - Loot breaks down every team and gives his opinion on how they'll do vs. the number!
- 2016 NFL Bye Weeks - The first set start in Week 4 and the final byes take place in Week 13. Loot also gives tips on betting on teams coming off byes.
- 2016 NFL Coaching Changes - We seem to be in an era where football coaches become disposable in an instant if they don't win. 2015 was no different as 5 teams made the switch. Check out who went where right here!
- Famous Football Players - Biographies of the best and greatest NFL football players of all-time.
- Greatest NFL Players of All Time - A list of all time greats at each position. Each position has it's own dedicated article!
- Best Quarterbacks of All Time - Joe Montana heads our list of top 10 QB's, however, Tom Brady is a sure bet to give him a run for his money by the time his career is said and done.
- Best Running Backs of All Time - We list the top 10 greatest ball carriers of all-time. The order may be debatable, as Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Walter Payton all brought something special to the gridiron.
- Football Lingo - One must be very familiar with all of the terms, slang and jargon associated with this game to win at football betting. Find a slew of pigskin terminology right here!
- Football Quotes - Funny and memorable sayings from around the National Football League including comments made by Vince Lombardi and John Madden.
Other Great Sites
- Predictem - Weekly NFL picks from one of the most knowledgeable sports handicappers on the web. Tons of great football betting advice articles here too!